For a more than 100-year-old family business, it is important to carefully evaluate future economic development in order to adjust our investment strategy accordingly.
The most important trends include:
- The world population continues to grow and so does the need for resources.
- The established economies of the West show negative population growth.
- The West is suffering from the economic pressures of developing countries, which will further reduce purchasing power in First World countries, especially the middle class.
Land Union's investment locations reflect this trend:
- Canada, with its comparatively small population, has huge resources and solid political stability.
- The Philippines, with its strategic location within Southeast Asia and its steadily growing English-speaking population, is among the top 10 emerging markets over the next 20 years, according to a study by HSBC Bank. The situation in the fastest-growing region of the world, with highly motivated and skilled workers, and the democratic government contribute to the positive outlook.
- Europe's growth is expected to be limited. However, the largest capitals still offer opportunities and dynamism of their own, with Berlin, London and Amsterdam continuing to show positive growth and stability.